Monday, April 11, 2011

Strike up a conversation with a girl who is a stranger




I see this cute girl at my coffee shop all the time. I want to talk to her, but can't think of anything to say that wouldn't be totally cheesy. How do you strike up a conversation with a total stranger?

Expert advise By Men’s Life Today Girl Panel and brought to you by our content partner Men's Life Today -- Handpicked for you by our team.

According to the Men’s Life Today Girl Panel™, there’s no tried-and-true pickup line that’ll score the attention of any girl, every time. And if you’re intent on going for a girl who frequents your turf, you definitely don’t want to blow it. So stack the deck in your favor by making your best bet on her type and aiming your strike accordingly. Here are five types of girls you might be pining for, with advice from in-the-flesh examples of each.
The Knockout: You know her when you see her -- and so does every other guy in the shop. Chances are she’s heard every line (at least twice before), so you’ll need something more than a “How you doin’?”
“Casually comment on something in the room (like a stranger’s crazy hair or the fact that we ordered the same drink) to immediately relate to me on the friend level. A more forward, brash approach is all too common and makes it easy to see a guy’s obvious sexual intentions.” -- Molly, 18
The Comedian: She just ordered a Trenta, straight up -- and asked the barista to make it a double, wink.
“Get in there and get personal with something witty like, ‘Is that your regular drink, [insert teasing name that totally calls me out for ordering it]?’ to show you can play my game and joke around. If I think you’re cute, this will definitely work. If not, better luck next time!” -- Samantha, 21

The Socialite: Gabbing away to the posse that surrounds her, she breaks only for breaths, laughs and sips of her light mocha frap.
“Say ‘Oh hey, you dropped this’ and give me your business card (or a napkin with your number).” -- Stacey, 24


The Shy Girl: She blushes as she bashfully accepts the espresso she’s been served without mention of the decaf herbal tea she’d actually ordered.
“The worst thing you can do -- besides using a ‘line’ -- is start off by complimenting my appearance. I’m way more impressed with a ‘Hey, my name is ___,’ maybe followed up with a remark about the situation or location, like, ‘I don’t know about you, but that barista always messes up my order’.” -- Michelle, 26

The Quirky Cutie: Headphones blaring, she’s nestled in her regular spot, rockin’ out to the beat of her own hums. She changes her order as often as her nail polish color (daily)
“Walk over and say something -- anything. But if you pull out any premeditated ‘lines,’ my fake radar will go off and I’ll resent you for ruining my private coffee/tea/music time. Just being yourself works -- and if it’s meant to be, you’ll catch my attention.” -- Natalia, 25

0 comments:

Google